Thursday, December 16, 2004

~Watch story~

*previously on October 12, 2003, i talked about the sWatch story.. now, to continue with that context.. *

All our life, we've been searching for that perfect watch. one that is durable, long-lasting, pretty and reliable. does it have to be a branded Cartier watch? or a perfect Blvgari gem? nah.. how many people in this whole wide world can end up with this branded watch? at least not for me. never would i expect to land myself in the shoes of a millionaire this lifetime..

but do i ever dream of it? yes.. i do. but whenever i wake up, i tell myself to be realistic and practical. ur Cartier will bring u nowhere when u get lost in the jungle and fall sick in the lost civilization. all along i've been brought up this way. mum buys me cute yet nice watches to wear. not very expensive, yet durable.

now, my perspective in love in the same. my yearning for the pretty Swatch watch is long gone. and even if i ever see it again in the store, i will not take a 2nd look.

i just found a "reliable old watch", dug from the bottom of my drawer, 8 years after owning it. 8 yrs ago, i found it rather irritating, with its uncontrollable alarm, and ugly metallic strap. i dumped it in my drawer and wait for it to spoil, so that one day i can safely declare i cannot wear it anymore.

but one day, 8 yrs later, i went through my messy drawer and found this old "watch". i kinda liked the design now, and the metallic straps were surprisingly shiny and unrusted. i decided to give it a try and paid for a battery to get it going. and the tick tock, tick tock hum of the watch really touches me and i fell in love with it immediately. it's the best timekeeper for me, the best companion wherever i go. no matter i go climb the mountains or go for formal parties. it always brings out a shine on me, cos i know it'll always be there for me. i won't ever replace it with any other watch, branded or not. i'm not even sure whether this watch will become a "branded" antique watch in future, but i won't trade it for anything else.

my "reliable old watch" is going to be my lifetime companion, so i'll maintain it well.. bring it for some "oiling" session and change the battery to recharge the gears.. no matter what, i'm sure my "reliable old watch" will not give up on me, just like i won't ever give up on it.

it's been 9 months since i found my watch and i want it to stay with me forever. i promise i won't ever misplace it ever again...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Dreaming in the clouds



Dreams are to be fulfilled, or are they to be dreamt again and again?

My Pet

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Amazing Counters