Thursday, April 20, 2006

~~ How do i balance my hard and soft approach? ~~

As a teacher, you need to be firm. everyone tells me that.

for me, i feel that being firm is screaming and insisting that you want it like the way u want sometimes to the extent that u are being stubborn. but that's me!

But i feel that im not doing it the right way, cos the effect usually cos students to hate me, as i seem as if im unreasonable and humiliating them cos i scream so much at them.

when im in one of my better mood, maybe i'll just let it go, but these few days the students tend to piss me off so much that i tend to go into any class with a black face. and i feel like muffling, casting a spell, slapping or pure strangling those big-mouthed ppl. i can't stand them. not only becos they're talkative, they spout vulgarities like nobody's business. irritating. i think their vocab in vulgarities is much better in their English one. i think they're multi-lingual, their knowledge of hokkien, malay and even tamil vulgar words is impressive. can't believe it.

maybe i shd insist that im not happy by the fact that they scream vulgarities no matter wat, but im afraid that i would nv be able to deliver my lesson everytime i stop to address this.

anyway, just when i was contemplating whether i should continue in this line, i received the letter from MOE to tell me to sign the bond which i did. dunno whether i made the right decision, but no matter what i still am going to teach, even if they think i might not do well. i will try my best, so wish me luck!!

i think im lucky to leave this place before i get polluted by all the vulgarities. im glad im going off to NIE. gonna be a nice break for me. :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Dreaming in the clouds



Dreams are to be fulfilled, or are they to be dreamt again and again?

My Pet

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Amazing Counters