Sunday, June 12, 2005

~the value of friendship~

have u ever encountered a friend who finds u only when she needs u? i think i have several.. but of cos eat to a different extent. most of them is up to a certain tolerant level for me. but somehow, this someone drew the last straw.

i haven't met up with her since last yr, but we kept in contact by sending forwarded smses once in awhile. sometimes will ask about how each other is doing over the sms and such..

so there was this day a couple of weeks ago, when i sent her a forwarded sms and she asked me how i was doing.. i told her i was fine, and asked her whether she wanted to meet up.. but she said she was BUSY, and nv promised me anything abt meeting up. oh, and then i heard from another common fren of ours, who said she also haven't seen this BUSY fren for sometime, yup, BUSY was her reason again.. ok, i understand, sometimes i get so BUSY i dun feel like meeting up, maybe i'd just stay at home and rest, but are u ever BUSY to this extent? such that u dun need to tok to anyone abt wat's up with u? such that u're not interested with ur friend's life?

well, so i was telling her abt holding a tuition ctr job and 2 more tuition kids on hand. so she asked me to intro her if i got any lobangs. fine, so i sent her an sms abt this tuition agency where u can register at and get sms alerts on new tuition assignments. then she asked: " need to pay 50% commission one ah?" i replied yes.. i said u dun wan ah? i can try help u ask my tuition ctr see if they need any new tutors. so she replied: " u ask then let me know ok?" so i was set to help her ask when i go for my lessons 3 days later. also, she said she was flexible abt the subjects to teach so i was quite surprised at that time.. 1) she usually dun teach sec sch science subj (so i thot she meant flexible = can teach any level any subjects) and 2) i thot she was BUSY???? surprise surprise... still got time to give tuition at tuition ctr? she must've heard of my hourly pay rate which is quite high for her usual teaching subjects..

but later in the evening, she sms me asked me whether i can give her the no of my tuition ctr, she call and ask.. i was like, "DUH, if i give u, then u call and anyhow say things abt me saying the tuition ctr got vacancies or wat then i die leh!!!" i mean i really wanna help her, so i think the best is to ask when i'm there in person, don't u feel? i mean, even i feel it's not right for me to ask by calling the tuition ctr right? so i din reply her that msg abt giving the no to her.

then she suddenly seemed so desperate. by asking me whether i got her msg.. i was so frustrated i din really think of wat to reply her but just ignored that msg again. subsequently, i received 2 more such msges, before i replied her that i ask for her on mon. but i was rather pissed off by her attitude towards me.. she treated me like wat? not that i really wanted to go out with her, see her in person, but dun u think it's too much? to think i nv really rec any msg from her voluntarily, and now she "flooded" my hp with msg, so worried i din help her ask? if she's really sincere abt asking me to help, why can't she directly call me? she's only a self-centred, pampered B****. and i hate the fact that she's got the above-average-looks.. but well, as dear always say, she's just an empty shell bah..

in the end, i din ask for her (yah call me selfish, call me wicked) cos i was quite pissed off with this thing.. this incident is not the 1st already, u see..

is that wat friends are for? someone whom u can make use of when u need something? i thot friends are for company, for sharing of deeper thots, for the true care and concern of ur wellbeing.. i feel that i've put in wat i felt enough for this piece of friendship, but din get much in return. my heart is dead for her. cos i wanna stop myself from being made use of.

and u know wat stimulated me to blog about this incident? it's not her. but another fren, whom i thot will be hitting my limit soon. gd luck my other fren..

p/s: dun ever make the excuse BUSY to any of ur frens.. at least, u shd say what u busy with.. at least, i understand every1 has a reason for his/her business, but touch ur conscience and ask, whether haf u put in that amount of effort to keep the friendship going? is there really no time for u to squeeze out????





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Dreaming in the clouds



Dreams are to be fulfilled, or are they to be dreamt again and again?

My Pet

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Amazing Counters