Sunday, July 16, 2006

~ Friends maketh a Yun (updated)~

一个像夏天, 一个像秋天.

i've made many friends along the way. some not with me anymore, some ex- best friends now are only
acquaintance. some gd friends i avoid. some not-so-close friends become close friends, some friend's friend become my friend. now if u want me to count who are my close friends, i'm sorry to say i only have a handful..

let's see who made an impact in my life so far (in chronological order):
  1. pri sch close friends i can say i got only 3 bah.. we still do keep in contact (writing letters) until jc period i think.. quite sad.. now, nobody ever sends these personal letters to me anymore.. :( i dun like seeing my letters, usually bills or some drastic news.. sometimes, i do enjoy writing letters to someone. especially since the both of our lives are totally different. she'll usually tell me abt her new bfs whereas i'll be wondering, what is a bf? hahaha..
  2. qiulin (sec 1 & 2 classmate) -- we kept in contact awhile aft graduating from sec sch.. wrote a couple of letters to each other, subsequently, she's the fowarded msg type liao.. but at least she's still around in my life. this is from close friends to just acquaintance.
  3. Eileen (sec 1 classmate) -- she was one of the 3 gals in class who chose NP as a ECA (last time called ECA), so i was quite close to her. we suffered under the hot sun, the grueling drills, the P. Ubin camp and the boring lectures. subsequently during jc or after (?) we still kept in touch once in awhile thru sms and email.subsequently, she became the forwarded msg type again..
  4. Es (sec 2 classmate) -- erm.. *blush* he's my bf now.. sec 2 he's my enemy (cos he's bullies ah gooong!), spilled liquid paper on me!! and calls me names. probably he's my bf so that he can make amends to me.. hee.. lost touch with him (not that i ever wanna keep in touch with an enemy u know), and met him again on friendster, then on buses to NUS, and then.. yah u know the rest of the story..
  5. huishan & yuzhen (sec 2-4 classmate) -- not really so close when i first got to know them. used to walk back together to the mrt station with huishan during sec sch time. but dun feel that i'm that close to her during sec sch.. jc times, sometimes will bump into either of them on bus to sch or back, same cca too.. so was especially close to yuzhen too since she's just next class to me. shared our crushes and grievances, and school work (maths homework) too.. hee.. then went to NUS, shared a few common lectures, lecturers and classmates. now, still friends, tho not as close as before, but i still do cherish wat we had before. :) work is splitting us apart now.. :(
  6. Sushi & gang (sec 3-4 classmates) -- in sec sch when we were in npcc, those ppl who're really so free are us! haha.. those secretaries and non- NCOs.. so we spent a lot of time eating snakes, hiding somewhere to rest. in jc, we're in same cca also, really admire her computing skills, which is why she's now still doing IT-related job! nowadays, still a talk-crap friend with sushi.. on msn especially.. hahaha.. she's a nice gal to hang out with as well.. :) recently, she sorta organised an old classmates outing.. got 7 gals from same sec 4 class together! wat a feat! and i enjoyed every moment of it. :)
  7. Ah ma (JC classmate) -- she's our ah ma, cos she says she's older than us, but then we still dun feel the age gap, prolly cos ah ma is young at heart (in appearance too)! aft jc, we enjoyed ourselves with swimming, shopping and ktving.. she sings real well, and is v interested in computing as well! maybe that's why she also hit off with sushi rite away! suddenly was pulled apart by misunderstandings in NUS, but we made up with eachother again.. should say that she's a close friend, tho i feel we're drifting apart again.. but, she'll still be my close friend :)
  8. Nit (JC classmate) -- seldom contact with each other nowadays. i never initiated any outing with her, and she too.. then both of us oso lazy and busy (or so she says).. haha.. so i can only see her if there's any jc class outing.. like such a pity, since i still feel she's really quite close to me at that 1 point in time in my life..
  9. CR (JC classmate) -- used to be a companion in school work, she's the benchmark, and i'm never able to complete as much as as she did.. aft jc, we did not contact much.. thru msn only lor.. see each other and catch up on each other's life during class outings..
  10. CTY (JC classmate) -- he's the closest guy fren i had from jc. used to chat on smses n msn. nowadays also chatted once in awhile on msn.. so glad that he got himself a sweet gf from CBLC (which i intro to him)! hee.. tho i know there're some unhappiness in CBLC
  11. Ling (Same JC but different class) -- she's a fren of ah ma, quite glad i had her in my aft jc life.. dinners, OT, shopping, visiting the temple, bitching about ppl, then shared 2 same modules in NUS, so effectively, she's been with me thru NUS.. all the way to now.. now, she bitches abt her sch and me abt my sch.. hee.. still meet up with her once in awhile to chit chat and eat.. we're both food lovers! haha..
  12. Sharon (temp job colleague) she was from my sec sch and same jc, but we were never really in the same class till in NUS when we shared some same lectures. we used to so close that we would go shopping, and share secrets.. until u grad from NUS, when i did not hear a word from u, except ur questions u posed on me, and no snippets of ur life in exchange. u are not my friend cos u were unfair to me.. u did not wan to share ur life with me yet u expect me provide u with highlights from my life?
  13. M & M (temp job colleagues)-- one of them is from my same jc, but i do not know them till we met for the temp job aft jc.. went on 2 overseas trip with them.. and i shd say they're my tea buddies! u know, chilling over a cuppa and chatting and bitching about guys and gals, bfs and gfs.. and i love it when they take care of me like i'm their little sis (innocent mah) tho i'm like the oldest among the 3 of us. maybe in future, we'll all be tai tais and have tea in the afternoons sharing about our husbands and children. suddenly i'm almost certain we'll be with each other for a very long time. :)
  14. PF(same CCA in NUS, junior) -- tho i dun see her often now that we've grad and started working, but i cherish her as a friend. she led a hard life, and i think she is still leading the hard life now, so i feel that i shd be with her since we've shared each other's hard life before, isnt it? she's my shopping-at-bugis, temple-visits buddy and swimming buddy.
  15. CBLC in NUS -- should say that tho i did not make many new friends there, i still love the whole environment that brightens up my life in NUS. without them, i would feel empty and without support in the whole new environment after JC.
  16. colleagues at CBSS -- gonna leave them soon.. and i'm abit reluctant.. my 1 yr's worth of baggage is in this school.. with them, my colleagues, we went thru joy, anger, grievances, complaints, gossips and lotsa activities! school camps, school activities, meals, ktvs, wedding dinner, slogging sessions, late nites at work.. they're really supportive and helpful.. and i'm glad to haf them with me. :) hope i can at least keep in touch with some of them.

i think on the above list, some of them are wake up calls to me! i must must must work hard to retain friendships i have now, not regret when everyone drifts apart and when it gets very very hard to get back to where we were at before. i must tell myself that i will try my best so that i will not feel remorseful, after not doing enough.. if u're mentioned, in 1 way or another, you've made an impact on me! thank u all!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Dreaming in the clouds



Dreams are to be fulfilled, or are they to be dreamt again and again?

My Pet

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Amazing Counters